The 2022 – 2023 Shooter of the Year Belt Buckle Recipients have been determined…
5.1 Determination of Shooter of the Year:
- The Shooter of the Year will be determined through a point system with each archer earning “Placement Points” for their ranking in each event (including the JOAD Indoor State Tournament). At the conclusion of all events, the shooter in each division with the lowest number of total Placement Points will be awarded the title of Shooter of the Year.
- Shooters must participate in a minimum of 4 out of the 6 tournaments during the season to be eligible for the Shooter of the Year award.
- Placement Points are earned as follows: 1 point for first place, 2 points for second place, 3 points for 3rd place. Points earned will continue in this manner for each ranking.
- For purposes of calculating final placement points, the placement points in a shooter’s top 4 finishes will be used as long as all 4 finishes took place in the age division and discipline that the shooter participated in at the end of the season.
- An archer can discard their worst placement during the tournament season.
Unfortunately, the Belt Buckles did not arrive in time for our last tournament. The Belt Buckles will be mailed to each recipient.